My final thoughts on NewSpaces4Learning:
- It’s not all about technology!
- That Pedagogy naturally leads to using technology tools.
- Transforming how we teach makes us 21st Century Teachers
- Not teacher lead, not student centered but Learing Centered
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs–can deliver almost all the Professional Development you will ever need!
- I still have a long way to go–getting to the sweet spot in TPACK2
- I am headed in the right direction
- I want to lead my staff to transforming how they teach!
- There is so much to learn!
- I am energized by the challenge
- I need more time in my day to spend in all my social media sites
- That I closely align with the Tool Belt Theory
- That I need more collaborative time with my staff, and other media/tech specialists
- Finding that balance in my life–to get to social media, fitness, putting down work and finding my hobbies again.
- Perhaps my hobby is technology! LOL!
- The challenge ahead is how to move staff. How do I get them to want tech PD?
- I need to take a new approach to lesson planning–thanks for the new form
- I need to post on a wall–the four negotiables–for students and me
- When is the next PD class–I am ready!
Implication for Action:
- Lesson Plan Makeovers for the summer!
- Google PD–anywhere I can find it for increase in student collaboration
- Continue to explore, play and reflect about technology and how to use it in the classroom
- Spend time continuing to build my Twitter network
“If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.” – John Dewey
This quote is very meaniful still today!
Thank you Cary for an awesome class! I have some others primed for the next round! 🙂