When I take a class I like to pick one or two things to focus in on that I think might be good to institute at my school–so I picked Symbaloo. I first decided to use it myself and see if I liked it! I love it!
- It saves me a lot of time–I have put all the websites that I go to all the time
- I have all my web tools in one place
- I have a place to put tools or websites that I want to revisit
- It organizes me!
I have set up webmixes for:
- School Websites–calendar, cowboy tube, school blog etc.
- Tech Club–sites for them to explore
- RSS Feeds for Education
- RSS Feeds for the Library
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Authors and Book Trailers–fun! Always handy always ready!
I have taken the certification class and I am now ready to try it with students. I want to run two pilots–I have hit a road block–email address–IT setting them up and permission slips. Working thru this now.
I have spent a lot of time making my webmixes visually appealing–a little time-consuming but it will be worth it when I start to share out!
Time spent in symbaloo for this course: 8 hours